Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day #1438

December 8, 2017 

A friend sent me this picture:

Yes, that is an ironing board. She had just finished ironing pillowcases that were once my mother’s. They are actually old flour sacks my mom turned into pillowcases. 

While some of you reading this may find it hard to believe, in my youth I also ironed, yes ironed, these dozens of times and slept on them hundreds of nights. But what is amazing is how a simple photograph can recall so many wonderful memories. Thank you!

And speaking of wonderful, the congregation’s staff (all but one - healing prayers!) gathered at our home for dinner and celebration. I’m so grateful for the gifts of each one of these folks - the joy they bring to me in their work ethic, the help they provide not only to me but to the ministry of the congregation, and for who each one is. We laugh together, plan together, struggle together, work together - and are better as a team! Thank you - every single one of you!!!!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment