Friday, October 20, 2017

Day #1386

October 17, 2017 

I have posted before a picture of the cross structure that was recently placed and dedicated in the Memorial Garden at the congregation where I serve (see Day #1244). This structure is very visible from the street and/or sidewalk in front of the congregation, and really sets a tone for the space. 

As I was going from one room to another today, I passed a door that faces the garden and cross. I stopped because something looked different - and it was. A man was there, kneeling at the crosses. As I stood for a moment, he got up, and as I gave a slight wave, he turned quickly and walked down the street. I considered calling out, but decided it was a moment for him to encounter God without distraction.

And what a moment to witness - someone led to the cross, to Jesus. My prayers go with him that God fill his life with hope and peace. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment