Friday, October 6, 2017

Day #1373

October 4, 2017 

I am wired to need a certain amount of quiet time and rest. Long ago I realized that carving out a place and time for some rest is not just something I want, it’s something I need. I was reminded of this by Laurie Brock through the daily devotion d365 when she wrote: “we can’t work our way into creativity. We sabbath our way there.” 

God realizes how important quiet time is for many humans and creates us to need sleep to survive. But quiet during the day is also important - time to think, dream, plan, create.

On the other hand, there is also a need to be together. To talk, to share, to bounce ideas off one another. So the picture for Day 3 is a reminder that several times on Wednesdays I gather with others around different tables in different places. It’s always precious time.


Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment