Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day #1322

August 14, 2017

After reading an article in the August LivingLutheran magazine, it struck me that the description for Jesus today should be ambidextrous. The author, Kathryn Kleinhans, wrote about how musical conductors do two separate things with their hands at the same time. While one hand keeps the tempo, the other introduces certain nuances, such as an instrument entrance, etc. 

How is Jesus similar? I’m thinking that Jesus, within the relationship of the Trinity, keeps the tempo of the world. The tempo I imagine as days/nights, rain/sun, winter/summer, etc. - the systems set in place at creation. With that on the one “hand,” the other introduces nuances - comfort when one is in mourning or sick, encouragement when one is lonely or afraid, and such. 

After all, without being ambidextrous, how could the Creator of all keep up with and care about one little part of the creation - me?! Not that Jesus is orchestrating the outcome of all things, but is present and attentive and loving - and everywhere! A rather cool image, I think, and I thank you, Kathryn, for it!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment