Saturday, December 8, 2018

Day #1797

December 2, 2018

Oh, the opportunities I am thankful for during Children’s Time in worship. Today while talking with the kids about Advent and what was coming up, one said about Christmas, "Santa will bring you presents." Oh, yes, little one. But the greatest and best present ever brought was Jesus, and Christmas is when we celebrate his birthday. Love it!

Then there was this. 

One of the fellow Family Promise board members began a while ago taking pictures for FaceBook with local folks he calls a “Friendly Face.” Today was my turn and I’m thankful to be included. This is what Tim wrote: 
“The true definition of a Friendly Face is Pastor Anna with Our Savior’s Lutheran Church. And I’m sure all members of her congregation would concur. She moved to Montana from the Tar Heel State four years ago. I’ve gotten to know Anna while we serve together on the board of Family Promise of Great Falls. Thanks for being a #FriendlyFace!”
Now, I have to admit I know I don’t always wear a friendly face. But I hope I’m most always friendly when I’m out and about. At the very least, a face folks see reflective of God’s love and grace. But then isn’t that what all of us should hope to reflect?!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment