Sunday, November 19, 2017

Day #1419

November 19, 2017

On this Sunday before Thanksgiving, the "Time with Children" included a bagful of things for which I’m grateful. Included were:
  • A doll from my childhood as I give thanks for memories and family
  • A “Smoky” koozie as I give thanks for all those who help care for us - firefighters, EMT folks, medical personnel, military, and more
  • A picture of my husband - oh, how thankful I am for him
  • A card from a friend as I give thanks for all the friends in my life
  • A reminder of Our Savior’s 125th anniversary as I give thanks for all those of the congregation and for this place to serve and worship (also today I give thanks for the congregation I first served, as well, as they celebrated their 150th anniversary)
  • A Bible as I give thanks for the word of God and the stories it includes of how much God loves us all
  • A bottle of water as I give thanks for water, food, clothing, shelter - all necessities God provides
  • And lastly, some candy, as I give thanks that I can share (each youth received some and smiled)
And there is so much more, but I couldn’t begin to fit it all in the bag. What are you thankful for as we get ready for this Thanksgiving holiday?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment