Saturday, December 17, 2016

Day #1077

December 12, 2016 

Thanks goes to the presenter for Young at Heart, who talked about gratitude and reminded us of the need to express our gratefulness to others. She led us through an exercise I want to share: 
  • Take out pencil and paper and list at least ten people who have influenced you in your life - living or not. They may be teachers, family members, church friends, work related, etc.
  • Next circle the top three who have made the most impact on you by what they have said or done for you 
  • Then, out of the top three you circled, pick the one still living who rises to the top and place a star by their name. 
  • Finally, commit to handwriting a note or letter to that person and sending it during these last days of Advent or throughout the Christmas Season. 
Several years ago I heard something similar to this and was able to send a letter to the person who believed in me, encouraged me, and influenced me the most in my path to being a pastor. He will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you, Pastor Hank!!

Lastly, I saw this post about leadership that caused me to pray I might be even just a little like this as a leader. I certainly know the pastor I wrote to is like this, and for that I am thankful he has been a part of my life!


Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment